Monday, July 16, 2007

Malt Mission Interruption (A week in Norway)

Quiet, Whisky drinker sleeping...


A week off from the mission cuz I am in Norway, where I plan to enjoy 19 hours of summer sun daily, swim in the sea, see friends and family, welcome a couple new babies into the world, and perhaps try a few gems at the Vinmonopolet. They carry many blends and a few malts
that are unavailable in UK or, in some cases, anywhere else in the world and this is a phenomenon I have become more and more obsessed with over the past few years. I love that Scotch whisky has so many faces and shows a different one in different places. Will post my findings when something/anything comes up...

Norway has a great national drink called Aquavit(tasted at Malt Mission 84), they produce some excellent vodkas, and you can read about the ambitions of Ole Puntervold and the birth of Norwegian single malt whisky HERE. Now back to the non-stop polse party...

Norwegian Adventures

Malt Mission HOME

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

My favorite scotch has to be Lagavulin. It is a single malt Scotch Whisky produced on the island of Islay. I would describe it as the "aristocrat" of Islays. It has an unmistakable, powerful, peat-smoke aroma. It is robustly full bodied, well balanced and smooth with a slight sweetness on the palate. A must for my fellow Scotch Hunters. Slainte!

A great website to check out to find out more about Single Malt Scotch is http://www.scotchhunter.com. They have a great tasting notes section and even a huge star ratings list that really can help pick a great single malt. If you still aren't sure which one you want, go ahead and send them a question. I did and got back all kinds of great information back the very same day!